My name is MARIA


At a contest in Perps....

Handsome contestant during the interview part:

Host: Hello Contestant #6. Here's your question... Can you name three personalities, could be from TV or just in this school, that you admire the most?

Handsome Contestant: Hi! Uhmmm... Well... First, I am NICE... (crowd went wild!!!! contestant in his yabang look smiling) Uhmm, second, I think I am HANDSOME (crowd cheering loudly), and last I am very DOWN TO EARTH...Thank you that's all...

Host: (smiling...trying to not laugh)

Good heavens! Haha! I cannot stand watching pageants like this if the answers are so WAFAAAK! hahahaha! Well he has a point there, the host asked for PERSONALITIES... hahahaha! He could've made it simpler by just answering YES. Hahaha! Sayang, he's really good looking... Here's another one....

Pretty Contestant: Hello everybody! I am here... in the front... I am in the front... I am here IN (with conviction) the front of you people... in the front... Representing the College of International Hospitality Management. Thank you!

She didn't even say her name, she just tried to emphasize she's IN the front...hahaha! WTH!


Anyway, just give them a break. They have pretty faces, that's why it's called beauty pageant they weren't there for a quiz bee or something..

Most of the funny answers from contestants in beauty pageants usually are funny because of grammar slips and misses. This, however, is a different case as the contestant decided to answer the question in Filipino.

Goran Aleks (Judge): If given another life to live, what would you like to be and why?

Czarina Gatbonton: Magandang gabi po sa inyong lahat. Akin pong sasagutin ang inyong katanungan sa ating sariling wika, ang wikang Pilipino. Kung ako po ay pagbibigyan pang muli ng isa pang buhay, mas gugustuhin ko pong maging isang hala… puno. Puno na nagbibigay sa atin ng hininga, na nagbibigay sa atin ng buhay!

Okay, she wants to be a Hala-puno...lol

I’m sure many of you have seen clips of this on YouTube or watched the coronation night of Binibing Pilipinas 2008 on television. And I’m sure that many of you fell off your seats either in laughter, disappointment, frustration, or a combination of the three.

I will no longer bore you with rants about the whole joke that the pageant has become. Instead, I’ll share with you the transcript of the answer of contestant number 15, Janina San Miguel, to judge Vivian Tan’s question in the Top Ten interview portion.


Paolo Bediones
: So you won two of the major awards, Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit. Do you feel any pressure right now?

Contestant: No, I do not feel any pressure right now.
Paolo Bediones: All right, confident! Please choose a name of a judge. We have Miss Vivian Tan.

Vivian Tan: What role did your family play with you as a candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?

Contestant: Well, my family’s role for me is so important. Because der was d… deyr… dey was the one… who’s very… haha… Oh, I’m so sorry. Uhm My pamily… my family, oh my god.

Paolo Bediones (off-mike): Pwede mag-Tagalog. Sige lang, sige lang.

Contestant: Ok. I’m so sorry.

Paolo Bediones (off-mike): Okay lang yan.

Contestant: I’m so sorry…I… I told you that I’m so confident. Eto, uhm, wait. Hahahaha. Uhm… Sorry guys… because this was really my first pageant ever. Because I’m only 17-years old! And ahahaa… I.. I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of TAF Ten… Mhmm… Sooo…. But I said DUT my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.


BRAVO!

2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    ahaha...fan ka pala ng BB Pilipinas? ahaha..marami pa kaya na mga chaka na sagot jan..


  2. you always make me laugh..^_^
    i cant imagine the whole night na tumatawa ka..hayyyss gonna miss you girl..-andrea