My name is MARIA



It was such a relief that this event is finally over. Days of anticipation and the building pressure, finally finally done with it…Yiheeee! When I was asked to be a guest speaker in Filamer Christian College (Roxas City, Capiz), I had no hesitations because the topic was Maternal and Child Nursing (which is my favorite among the topics that I’m teaching). I’m supposed to choose the major topic to discuss (since MCN involves two humongous books), and so I told them hmmm…let’s do Family Planning… I mean, yeah it is very common, very typical, in short “gasgas na”, but hey not all nurses have mastered this one… During my regular MCN lectures for NLE and NCLEX/CGFNS I always include one type of family planning method that is not found in books… Well I won’t tell the details here (just enroll in NGRC, if you’re gonna be my student, you’ll definitely learn it lol)..Well anyway, I changed my mind and told them that I’m gonna be discussing the Major Complications of Pregnancy (which is a board exam classic). Ending: I was just informed that I’m gonna focus on Cervical Cancer (which is basically discussed in the Onco lecture not MCN)… I had to do lots of preparations and research, but it was worth it. I’m glad they chose Cervical Cancer as the main topic. It’s very timely. Well I ain’t gonna be talking ‘bout CA in my page… J The seminar took 4 hours, attended by about 600 students…I’m so glad it ended well. I was really really trying to control myself from saying nasty things in front of the Dean and the professors…lol…if it were just the students, wth, they’d be hearin crazy terms…lol… And so I would like to commend the Simpson Class 2010 of FCC for organizing this seminar. I really enjoyed it…Well, except for the traveling thing…3 hours away from Iloilo City and I had to go back the same day because I have an early Pedia Nursing class the following day…I wasn’t able to go to SOUL…damn…Well, there’s always next time and anyway I enjoyed the following night so well with the future nurses from Iloilo Doctor’s College…
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    i wanna attend ur class one time lang tere..just wanna experience the fun to be ur student just for ONCE!:) i know ur brilliant, ur born with it!-mhe